Call for Nominations
Nominations are currently being accepted for the L. Stanley James Award, which is traditionally awarded at the Annual New York State Perinatal (NYSPA) Conference. The following criteria will be used when evaluating nominees:
- Recipient’s contributions to maternal, infant or reproductive health may include, but are not limited to the areas of scientific medical
research, clinical care, legislative initiative and/or advocacy.
- Recipient has a history of unique and exceptional contributions to the field of maternal, infant or reproductive health.
- Recipient should display the personal attributes of the late L. Stanley James which endeared him to those with whom he
worked and to those for whom he cared. These attributes include his unwavering tenacity, insightfulness, creativity,
humility and history of self-sacrifice.
- Recipient’s professional status will not be a factor in determining the award.
- Recipient need not be, in past or at present, a NYSPA member, Board Member or officer.
- Recipient’s contributions should have contributed to improved maternal, infant or reproductive health health within the State of New York.
The L. Stanley James Award is awarded no more than once each calendar year; it need not be awarded annually. Any NYSPA member may nominate a candidate. The nomination must be received on or before May 1. Please download, complete and email this nomination form to NYSPA@nysperinatal.org